Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ben & Jerry, I think I love you

On a hot summer day, what cools me off?
Ice cream.
When I'm feeling sad, what cheers me up?
Ice cream.
What makes a frozen drink so yummy?
Ice cream.

I remember when I was a kid, no matter what we were doing, be it fighting with our siblings, playing ball or Chinese jump rope (remember Chinese jump rope? do kids even play that anymore? Good times) - when the ice cream truck came down the street playing that all too familiar ice cream tune - children every where united. We'd stand patiently in line, waiting for our turn, dollar in hand. I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!

Now that I'm an adult, I'll admit - the ice cream tune kinda annoys me a little... but I still love ice cream! I have to agree with Sharon (yes I'm back to mentioning her in my posts) when she said "in the summer, I could eat ice cream every day". I could too, I don't - but I could. Every day.

My favorite ice cream is Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey. There are many fun flavors to choose from, but I'm a one flavor kinda woman. I love banana ice cream, love it. Banana with walnuts and chunks of chocolate. What's not to love? Every spoonful takes my taste buds on a fantastical journey.

Men come and go, fads fade away and sometimes we lose touch with friends...but ice cream is forever.