Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hello, my name is Doreen and I'm a blogger

Why do I blog? The honest answer is because my friend asked me to. I never considered myself a blogger, you could say I was in blogger denial. I didn't think I had anything interesting to say, and I probably don't...but blogging I've found, is kind of therapeutic. I can rant and rave, reflect or just comment on random things that probably mean nothing to anyone else (except Sharon of course, we do after all share the same brain). Yes, I have a non-sexual crush on my friend - don't read more into it than there is. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it's just not how I roll.

So, let me tell you my immediate goals.

#1 It is not to write a book. Unlike Sharon I do not posses the skills to pull something like that off...but if I were to write a book it would be about the joys of dating in your 40's. Oh, the stories I could tell...the "Minute Man", the "Emotionally Challenged Narcissist", the "Sociopath", the "Cryer" (the list goes on and on) - but who wants to read something on that topic? We've all got stories, am I right people?

So, no book for me... my first goal is to quit smoking. It's time. I'd like to say it's because it's a nasty habit or bad for my health (of course those reasons don't hurt the cause), it's really the social limitations that come with being a smoker. When I started smoking, (back when a pack of butts only cost $1.50), it was socially acceptable - people smoked, it was an ice-breaker "hey got a smoke?", "do you have a light?"..now, I stand off to the side...away from people...a social outcast. Being a smoker my friends is a lonely existence. Time to quit.

#2 Be a better person. It's not like I kick dogs or frighten small children or anything...but I think that I could be a little more considerate, a little less judgemental, do a little more for those less fortunate, be more patient with people. You get the idea.

#3 Lose weight. No, I'm not going to tell you what I weigh. Did you really think that was going to happen? Really? The truth is that I'll never wear a bikini. I'm ok with that. I just want to get to a weight that I am happy with. I've actually made some progress here, I've lost 30 lbs since January, so yay me!

So there you have it, I'm no longer in blogger denial, thanks to my good friend Sharon. Of course, if I start receiving hate-blogger-emails, I will blame her. Just like I blame her for the Red Sox loss on Saturday...but that's another story.


~ Doreen

3 comments:

DoreenandSharon said...

Um ok, so I'm the shallow one, lol. Did I mention World Peace?

Yeah, my other goal is for World Peace. Ok, I feel a little better about myself now.

Doreen said...

No, I'm the shallow and cynical one remember? You're already a better person, do things for those less fortunate, are considerate and patient with people. I'm not going to lie though, you have to work on the judgemental part...which will make our people watching less fun. If they can't tell we're judging them, does it really count as being judgemental? - Doreen

Thehotspotguide.com best free dating said...

I think your goals are great! I would also like to quit smoking and become a better person.