Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lia Sophia can kiss my ....

I confess, I love Jewelry. I'm not talking diamonds and jewels (although I wouldn't refuse them), I'm talking specifically about accessory jewelry. I can't help it, I like my bling to match whatever outfit I'm wearing and I like to have a variety of jewelry to choose from. That's right, I want it all. Now, because I'm a single mom (translation: paying all the bills on one income), I can't afford to go shopping at high end boutiques to feed my obsession. I've been to the obligatory Lia Sophia jewelry parties that friends have. I'll admit, they have some nice stuff but it's so expensive. Since I always feel like I have to buy something when I go to these parties, I'll buy one necklace for like $60 bucks. When all is said and done, I walk away feeling like a guy leaving a strip joint. Broke and unsatisfied.

I have found, thanks to Sharon (yes I am going to find a way to refer to her in every single one of my posts) the BEST place to buy jewelery ever! These ladies are the best kept secret in the world of jewelery. I'm going to share the secret with you because hey, what can I say? I'm a giver.

K&J Jewelry is owned by two very cool women (Kim & Janet). You can buy their stuff online at
http://www.kandjjewelry.com/ or you can have a party and get great discounts for yourself. It's not like a Lia Sophia party where you pay a lot of money for mediocre jewelery. (for the same $60 bucks that I paid for one necklace at Lia Sophia, I bought 3 necklaces that were MUCH nicer from K&J) To top it off, at a Lia Sophia party (after you've spent a fortune) you have to wait for whatever you bought to be delivered. That's not the way these two ladies roll. You like something, you pay for it and you take it with you. Face it, we're all about immediate gratification am I right? Okay, maybe that's just me...

So release the fashionista within and check out their website, but I highly recommend having a party because they have way more stuff at the parties than what is displayed online. Your friends will be glad you did!

I love their tag line.. "because you deserve it"

Damn straight I do sister!

~Doreen

4 comments:

gina said...

I'm checking it out right now! Thanks for the tip! and for the great blog again!

Rebecca said...

I'm going to check it out now because I find Lia Sophia very reasonable -- esp. if you host a party, so to find someing just as pretty and less expensive - this fashionista is all over it.

Thanks for the tip.
Muah...

Final Trac, LLC said...

Lia Sophia can kiss my lily white ass too. They rob you blind and everything breaks . . . what the f*ck! Boy do I sound like a truck driver tonight. American Idol has me pumped!

DoreenandSharon said...

Rebecca, the website does not do their stuff justice. It is so much better in person. Sharon hosted a party and walked away with $500 worth of jewelry for $140. She had about 25 items if not more. If you like Lia Sophia, you're going to LOVE K&J.