Monday, June 1, 2009

Why I went to NYC...

See that window? It's my window at the Custom House from earlier this month, with the daily goals I set for myself. Every day I'd set a goal when I woke up and then filled in what I accomplished when I finally shut down.

I hit 100K words that week. FINALLY. I also finished the novel and rewrites (or so I thought!). And with that, a lot of anxiety and much encouragement, I knew I was ready to take the next step.

What's this have to do with NY? I took a giant leap, both feet, and plunged into the real world of writers by attending my first writers conference.

It was a great trip - thank you so much to Karen and Chris of Backspace (http://www.bksp.org/) for putting it all together, I can see why you've had so much success these past 5 years. I met some great people - agents, publishers, publicists, etc and while all that will definitely help in my career, I'm really most grateful for the new friends I've met, some of you whose books are already on the shelves of B&N, some of you who will be there soon (along with me, I hope!).

Thanks to Wendy (http://wendypinkstoncebula.blogspot.com/) for working out the details at the Algonquin, so glad we were able to make it happen! (not sure how all those empty glasses got there??!!)

And for the as-yet-to-be-named Arno dinner crew - I'm so psyched about co-authoring our sci-fi historical cat erotic/romance novel... that book is gonna rock! hee hee

No comments: