Friday, July 17, 2009

My $200 bottle of mascara

I swear, I was just going to get mascara. That's it. Normally I don't really wear makeup. A little mascara, some lip gloss and I'm done. So how is it that I walked away from the M.A.C. counter with over $200 worth of makeup? I'm still trying to figure that out.

I ended up going to the M.A.C. counter at Macy's (without the help from my GPS). The sales girl Michelle was very pleasant. I'd say she was in her late 20's. What stood out about her to me was her shoes. I'm a shoe whore, I LOVE shoes...but I can't always wear high heels. Even so, I always appreciate a kick-ass pair of stilettos. Her shoes were leather, laced up her calf. Honestly they kinda looked like hooker shoes, but she totally pulled it off. I was loving them.

So she asks if she can put some make up on me. I was going out to dinner that night so I figured sure why not. She starts applying make-up, showing me how to do it, how to maximize my features blah blah. I have to admit by the time she was finished I looked good. I felt like breaking out into song "I feel pretty, oh so pretty". How could I not purchase the stuff? I looked hot. I figured it was maybe $100 worth of makeup, no biggie.

My new friend Michelle rang me up and told me my total was $230. I was in shock. Was this crap made out of gold or what? I mean I usually buy my limited make-up supplies at CVS, the total usually $15.00 max, clearly I was out of my element here. I rarely spend money on myself
(single motherhood, enough said) so I figured I'd splurge.

I have to admit, I do like how I looked and what the hell, I'm worth it.

3 comments:

SharonK said...

I have to say, you were rocking it that night with the makeup on.. and when you tried on my sassy little kitten heeled sandals, oh my. To heck with knee pain, you looked hot.

Always remember, how you feel is not important. It's how you look. (says me in my sloppy t-shirt and shorts)

Doreen said...

I am sassy, I'm a sassy b*^ch :)

Debbie said...

Wow. I would be freaking out! But, I bet you look great.