Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Walking on Sunshine


You know the feeling when you start dating someone you're really into?

The anticipation of seeing them again makes you giddy with excitement.

You fall asleep thinking about your first kiss.

You can't stop thinking about them.

You want to call, but don't want to be labeled a stalker so you don't.

You call your BFF to discuss your date. (She is not wearing the "ga-ga goggles" that you have on so she sees things quite clearly).

When they send you a "I hope you have a nice day" text, you smile.

When they hold your hand, you get butterflies in your stomach.

When they smile at you, you melt.

This my friends, is walking on sunshine. I've missed that feeling, the newness. The untainted beginnings of something that you hope will turn into something more. Admittedly sometimes things don't always work out as you had anticipated and that good feeling goes away. Yes, that is the cynical romantic in me, always trying to stay grounded.

But for now, I'm going to enjoy this feeling.

I am walking on sunshine.

7 comments:

...Just being a(ME)lia... said...

SOOO excited for you!!! :) AND I totally know what you mean!

Carolyn said...

Fantastic Dorreen!

Carolyn said...

Augh... I meant Doreen! Stuck in rrrrrrrrreverse

SharonK said...

Good things come to those that wait - see what you get for not settling???

Now don't forget to pass him my note the next time you get together:

Dear Batman,

Do you like Doreen? YES or NO (circle one)

Your friend,

Sharon

TK said...

I know what you mean. It is awesome when you are with THAT person!!

Doreen said...

Thanks guys!

Sharon, I have the note but it's the little smiley face next to your name that kills me. I crack up every time I look at it!!

Little Ms J said...

Awww, enjoy your new boy and all the newness!