Friday, September 4, 2009

Breaking up is hard to do...

We were together for almost 9 years, and even though ours was a long distance relationship (he lives in Wisconsin) we were very close. We spoke every day, emailed continuously, traveled together often and when he was in town we were inseparable. We'd spend all day together and he would always take me out some place nice for dinner. We had a mutual respect for each other. We genuinely liked each other's company. He is one of the funniest people I've ever known...oh how we laughed. Good times.

My boss and I have broken up. Our company has acquired another company and my boss was asked to head up this new sales division. I am truly happy for him, this is going to be an exciting opportunity. However, now I report to the President of our company. When I got the news, my first thought was "I'm in hell". When the announcement was made throughout the company of the acquisition, of CT's new role and who I now reported to, I'd see the sympathetic looks in my co-workers eyes as we passed in the hallway.

My boss (the one who left me) had a completely different management style from the President. He was the buffer...but now the buffer is gone and I have to deal directly with the main boss-man himself. Kinda scary. But I've accepted my fate, and the new challenge ahead of me.

He was by far the best boss I've ever had. I sincerely wish him the best (with most break ups I secretly hope they get fat and ugly and their next girlfriend boils their rabbit). Don't judge me.

So onward I go to the new chapter in my life, one without CT...I'll miss you dude.

2 comments:

SharonK said...

With most break ups the ex leaves you on your own and doesn't pass you off to his grumpy Uncle. Not cool, CT, not cool.

TK said...

I know how you feel (kinda). My boss took the summer off (to find herself, ya right). Well now she is back and I have to deal directly with her. She scares me :)