Friday, September 25, 2009

Seriously Nissan, what were you thinking?

Normally I'm a fan of Nissan cars. The Ultima, the Maxima and even their SUV's are all very well designed vehicles. I never had a beef with Nissan. That is, until last Friday. While driving on the highway I saw a Nissan Cube. I'd love to meet the genius that came up with this bright idea. I did a little research and this box sells for $17,500. No, I'm not kidding.

I think a bunch of people were drunk when they designed it. Or maybe stoned? Here is how I think the whole thing went down.

I imagine they were all sitting at one guy's house around a bonfire drinking beer and one of them says "Hey, wouldn't it be funny if we made a car that looks just like a box?" Another guy who just took a hit of weed laughs and says "Duuuuuuuude, we can make a square car with round windows!". The other drunks around the fire chime in and someone starts drawing out the design in the dirt with a stick and before you know it, the Cube is born.


They bring their design to the top honcho - who just that very morning found out that his wife was having an affair and moving to Brazil with their pool boy Paco. In the midst of his mental breakdown, he approves the design and production on the Cube begins.

I think the car I saw is the only Cube that was ever sold. It probably belongs to the guy who came up with the design. That's his punishment, he has to drive around in this metal box for the rest of his life.

The moral of the story here? Drugs: Just say no.

2 comments:

SharonK said...

Husbands on the verge of divorce everywhere will buy one just so they can say to their attorneys - "Tell you what, I'll be generous. I'll take the boat. But she can have the car."

TK said...

And what does it mean when a wife buys one for her husband as a gift?