Monday, October 19, 2009

Who was that crazy person??

For those that know me and know me well, they are aware that I am really only considered "sane" three weeks out of the month. For that one week, it takes all of my control to just keep it together. I am not always successful. I know this.

I blame it on PMS. (Psycho Madness Syndrome) Really, I do.

During this time, I hate everyone. I take everything personally, and I am very emotional. Believe me when I tell you it goes beyond a woman just being a little moody. Sharon knows this, and has talked me off the ledge on several occasions. She is the best. She is patient, she listens to my rants and even rents Pride & Prejudice for us to watch because she knows it is my "feel good" movie. This is one of the reasons I love her.

When I start my insecure rantings about Batman, when I start thinking that it's just too good to be true and I should end it because he is just going to hurt me anyway (yes I am aware of how irrational that sounds, but at the time it made perfect sense) she tells me to wait. "Don't do anything until next week" She knows I will feel differently. Of course she's right. She's always right.

I warn the people around me when I'm PMSing. I apologize in advance for anything I say, I warn them that if I snap at them, it's not personal. PMS takes over. I'm helpless, really I am.

I think that acceptance is the first step to healing. Since I've realized this personality flaw that I have, I've tried very hard to watch what I say, to not react immediately during the emotional turmoil. I've become better at not lashing out at people that I care about, to wait out the storm because eventually the sun does come out again.

I've gotten better, and I'm beyond the point of having to be locked up away from human contact - especially cell phones where I have the ability to PMS-text, which is far worse than drunk texting could ever be, trust me.

So yes, I am a recovering PMSer. I'm a work in progress and sometimes I do relapse and the crazy person escapes for a short time. But I try to keep her in her padded cell for as long as possible. But if I can't, if she escapes... I am apologizing ahead of time.

She's one psycho you don't want to mess with, so stay away...stay far far away. I'm just saying


3 comments:

Cara and Jenn said...

I feel your pain...bring your cranky self over and read my post from the other day...it may make you laugh...although I am pretty much over hell week now.
http://forwardmom.blogspot.com/2009/10/cara-aunt-flo.html

Feel better...
~Cara

TK said...

I wish us men had a built in legal defense

SharonK said...

Oh I love that crazy person no matter what... I just make sure I don't give her any sharp utensils. Just to be safe you know...