Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009...you've been a very good year...

Dear 2009, I have to admit I am sorry to see you go

So many things to be thankful for, I just thought I’d let you know


We started this blog sometime in May

So many things have happened since that momentous day


We’ve shared many stories about Ziggy, Moose and my boy

Because they are the ones who bring us the most joy


Sharon finished her book, no small feat

Now we’re just waiting for that special agent to make her literary dream complete


We’ve met some wonderful people and made great new friends

Just to name a few, the Blackie’s, the Faust’s, the Lapa’s and the Atherton’s.


We purchased a hot tub, ok Sharon and TK actually paid for it

But I’ve got my own spot with a plaque reserving the place where I sit


I met the man of my dreams and fell in love

Not a day goes by that I don’t thank god above


The Beck house has two new rugrats who now call it home

No better parents will they ever find for their own


So I will welcome 2010, and put the old year to rest

But I’ll never forget you 2009, nor the happy memories that I will always cherish

2 comments:

SharonK said...

Awww... so sweet... 2010 promises to be another incredible year for us all!

Debbie said...

Sounds like you have had a great year. I hope 2010 is a wonderful one for you as well.