Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Things I Wish I Could Say

As my days fill up with things I can't even begin to list, I decided that instead of writing a witty (aren't they all?) commentary for today I'd re-post a witty commentary from last summer...

Friday, July 24, 2009

Things I Wish I Could Say

Inspired by fellow blogger
Sarah J Henry, who reposted a lovely blog by Steph Bowe, I have created my own list of things I've wanted to say to people I know or have known.

Some things I don't say because I will embarass myself.

Some I don't say so I won't embarass other people.

Mostly it's a little bit of both.

Please don't ask me if I am talking to you. If you think I am, then I probably am.

If just once every so often you thought of me, that would be very nice.

I really adore you but sometimes you smell.

I pray for you.

I wish you took better care of yourself.

I have tried really hard to forgive you but am not there yet.

The eighties are over. I am speaking to you and your hair.

I'm really disappointed that after all I did for you that you can't be happy for me.

Not even a little bit.

I wish I could stare at you for hours at a time but I know that would creep you out so I don't.

You used to finish your sentences, now you get lost mid-thought. What happened?

I'm really sorry for the way things ended between us.

Children do not raise themselves. Yes, as a matter of fact, it is your job.

Please stop drinking so much. It makes you a very dull, boring person that repeats every dull, boring thing at least twice. Loudly.

Remember when I said it wasn't you, it was me? I lied, it really was you.

We're really not as close as I'd like us to be.

I miss you so much it hurts.

Being mean doesn't make you more interesting. It just makes you mean.

Please drink more often. You are a very dull, boring person that needs a little something to loosen you up every now and then.

Your children are so very lucky to have you as a parent and are completely clueless about it. They'll figure it out soon enough. I hope.

As much as I like you, please stop flirting with my husband. I know you think it's funny and sometimes it is but mostly it's not.

When you lost your confidence in yourself you really changed. Please change back.

I hope someday you realize how much damage you've done and that when you do, it's not too late to repair it.

When I needed you, you weren't there.

Loosen up, baby! It's all good!

As it turns out you were wrong, you really didn't know better than me.

Yes, your children are great but do you think you can keep an eye on them once in a while?

If I tell you a secret it's between you and me until I decide to share it with others. Or not.

You have always been there when I need you and even sometimes when I didn't. Thank you.

I wish you could've been here to see my children grow up. I know they would've loved you like I did.

If you weren't so bitter and angry your life could be so much better.

I'd like to be friends with you but making new friends as an adult is so hard.

You know what would be awesome? If you showed up somewhere around the time you said you would.

Please stop being so negative. It's your child for Pete's sake, be proud of what they have done and stop focusing on how it doesn't fit into your perfect plan.

Sometimes when I am shopping for clothes, I think about whether or not it's something you would wear because I really like your style.

You missed out on a lifetime of a good thing and that's a shame.

Know what? God does exist and I think no matter what you say, you really do know that.

You are so young and so smart and could do so much better if you just tried.

Don't keep telling people we are friends. We're not. When you decide to return a call, ask me how I am and really care about the answer and stop being a self-centered witch, we'll talk. Maybe.

I bet if you tried very hard you could find something to talk about other than your job.

I know I'm supposed to be superwoman but I'm not. Lower the bar for me, would you?

What are some things you wish you could say?

No comments: