Monday, February 1, 2010

Just Like That, Only Different...

When I tell people I'm a writer I typically get one of three responses.

1 - Really? I have always wanted to write. People tell me I should write a book about my life, as it's so fascinating. Which it totally is, you know. You see it all started when I was four and my family moved to Pittsburg. Or was it Akron...

2 - Wow you write? Like books? What's it about? No wait, do you know Stephen King? Or, hey do you know that lady who wrote the vampire book? Now that's a great writer! Can you get her autograph for me? Hey Maureen! Sharon wrote a book, about vampires!

3 - What did you say your book was about? Huh. I like it. No, I really like it. But you know what would be even better? (click on the video for the rest of this conversation)






* Saw this first on The Swivet, a blog by Colleen Lindsey, agent at FinePrint Literary Management

2 comments:

Little Ms J said...

Some people look at me like I asked to read their palms when I tell them I wrote a book. Others ask me if I can get their kid an agent. Hm.

Anonymous said...

oh that's hilarious!

- barb