Monday, February 15, 2010

This thing called love

Dear Friends,

I'm in love. Yup, me. Let's face it, none of us saw this coming did we? In the past eight years, my dating life has been fodder for your entertainment. It's been an experience that is for sure. Since this is a rated PG blog I won't go into details, but you all know what I'm saying.

As funny as those stories were, most of the time dating was not so much fun. I appreciate that you've always been there for me. At times, it was difficult always being the "single one" of our group. But it wasn't in me to settle just for the sake of having a boyfriend. So I was always the chick without the +1 for our group events. You always opened your homes to me on major holidays so that I wouldn't be alone, and I love you guys for that. But the truth is, I've always felt alone - for 64 major holidays, I've been alone.

This love thing, it's new to me. So please be patient with me. I know I don't spend as much time with you as I used to and I miss you. You've all been in your relationships for a long time now, but remember when you were in the beginning stages of love? How you wanted to spend as much time as possible together? That's where I am right now. It doesn't mean I don't want to spend time with you and we all know that in time things will slow down a bit. But for now, be happy for me okay?

There is plenty of room for everyone in my life, and I love that you want to spend time with me too, but can you cut me a little slack? I'm just new to being a +1. So bare with me. It will all work itself out.

Love,
Me

2 comments:

Karls said...

Totally stoked for you! Make the most of it love!

Little Ms J said...

I was the hanger on for many years and once I got serious about Mr. J my girlfriends got QUITE jealous. Enjoy this time!