Monday, March 8, 2010

Oh Morning... why are you here?


4:47 a.m. It feels like it's time to get up. Please don't let it be time to get up. If I look at the alarm clock I might find it is time to get up and I really don't want to know. But if it's not time to get up I should find out so I can go back to sleep, right?

4:48 a.m. One eye peek. Just look at the alarm clock. If I do it quick the clock won't even notice me looking.

4:49 a.m. Oh bless you alarm clock! I can go back to sleep.

5:12 a.m. Why can't I go back to sleep?

5
:36 a.m. Am I in the office today or telecommuting? Because if I'm telecommuting then I probably should've brought home that file on Ms. I'm-So-Entitled so I can prepare for her unemployment hearing.

5:41 a.m. I can't stand Ms. Entitled. Who does she think she is?

5:59 a.m. Must be time to wake up. Ok, I'll just get up now.

6:00 a.m. Ha! I can still sleep for another hour. Or I can get up and work out before anyone else wakes up. Or, I know, I'll get up and write! Yes, I'll get up, make a cup of coffee and write!

6:03 a.m. By the time I finish getting dressed and putting my sneakers on I won't get much of a workout. Guess I'll write instead.

6:12 a.m. That was weird. I blinked and eight minutes went by. There's no way I fell back to sleep. Ok, time to get up and write. Who am I kidding? By the time my laptop is up and running the whole house will be awake. I'll go back to sleep, I'll feel better with some more sleep.

6:30 a.m. Why do I set the alarm to wake up Ziggy, knowing I don't actually have to get up for another half hour? Remind myself later to buy Zig her own alarm clock. I really should keep a pad of paper next to the bed so I don't forget what I need to remember to do.

6:38 a.m. Ziggy's been woken up. Twice. I can probably close my eyes for a few more minutes. Yeah, that'd be good.

6:43 a.m. Is that Zig running water in the bathroom or is the heat turning on? I should make sure she's really awake.


6:48 a.m. What am I wearing today? Dress up for work or dress down to clean my file cabinets out? Hmmm... not in the mood for big girl clothes so dress down it is. Jeans, sneakers and white t-shirt. Easy.

6:55 a.m. If I write a blog entitled "How White Are You?" will readers be offended? Will they still be offended if the post is addressed to my drawer full of white, semi-white and grey-ish white t-shirts?


6:58 a.m. I really should wear that white Duran Duran t-shirt Babs Killabez gave me... Definitely sometime soon. Not today. But soon.

7:00 a.m. What on earth is that dreadful noise and where it is coming from? It is so not time to get up yet. Ugh. Apparently it is. Whatever. Y
ou win, morning. I'm up.

3 comments:

Woman in Love said...

Hi I'm Herredon and I'm an
Early Riser.

Yup, I'm THE One who bounces outta bed with a smile on her lips, a spring in her step annna TADA in her heart!

'cept those mornings when DwinaSmootchMyMummyAwake~arina cuddles and kissies me all night long... then I'm just ever so slightly less so.

Dear Mornings, how I do thee adore.

Little Ms J said...

I. Hate. Morning.

Anonymous said...

First of all, yay! I made the blog!
Secondly, that shirt is a must for the Killabeez Disney Vacation! That sounds like a movie, doesn't it?