Thursday, March 25, 2010

Some Advice

Whatever it is, whatever is holding you back, I have some advice.

Next time you say, think or type any of these words -


Can't be


Wanna be


Should be


Would like to be


Wish I could


Why can't I


When can I


Why shouldn't I


Why should I


It's difficult


It's challenging


It's confusing


Too soon


Too late


Too far


I want to but


He's holding me back


She's holding me back


No time


No money


No nerve


No support


Listen to me carefully. Whatever it is, stop procrastinating, plug your nose, close your eyes and step off the cliff.

Even if the water is cold and the cliff is steep "I jumped!" makes for a much better story than "Me? Jump? Uh no, but the view was pretty."


You can thank me later. Or now. Now is good, too.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Herredon:

read this a few minutes ago... meant to comment asap but thought I'd wait....

Lyn South said...

The most powerful blog entries are those that hold up a mirror for self-reflection. Excellent post! Thank you.

Doreen said...

I don't totally disagree, but sometimes you have to know your limits. Know when the time is right, and when the time is wrong. Sometimes when you just leap before you look, you could hit your head on a rock and drown..or breakout in hives.

Sometimes, things are beyond your control and you do or don't do because not everything is that simple. Although, I do wish it was... oh wait, was that one of the phrases on your list?

However, I do think this is a great post for those situations when you do need to get out of your comfort zone.

TK said...

I remember jumping twice...uuummm don't remember seeing you on the way down. Matter of fact I think I saw you on my way back up AT THE TOP HOLDING A CAMERA. I agree SB sometimes life is a leap of faith

SharonKendrew said...

Lyn, thank you for stopping by! It doesn't always turn out like we'd like it to but we would never know if we don't try.

Doreen - well, yeah, I didn't mean I wish I could, I don't know, say run over my ex for example (though it has crossed my mind!) or take a vacation when it would leave you without the mortgage payment this month... more along the lines of get out of your own way when it's your own fears holding you back from happiness, or success.

And TK - whatever!!! If I had jumped, we wouldn't have this great picture of Ziggy mid-air and that alone was worth staying on the cliff!

Alix said...

Fabulous advice. I think I love you at first sight.

Thanks for visiting Casa Hice, Following, and leaving such an awesome comment. Looking forward to getting to know you!

Lisa and Laura said...

LOVE THIS! I'll go ahead and thank you right now for this post. THANK YOU!