Monday, March 1, 2010

Three Words of Advice


Last week I blew through Meg Waite Clayton's novel, The Wednesday Sisters.

I have only three words of advice for those who haven't read it - BUY THIS BOOK.

Seriously.

Ok, I'm lying.

Not about buying the book. About only saying three words.

As you may have noticed, I've become cynical when reading a new or new-to-me author. Actually I've become cynical about some of my old stand-by authors too.

A dwindling pile of books to read demanded I go to B&N, where I may have overlooked this treasure. But the book gods interceded, so an errand to Target (where I never buy books. Ever.) and a tight schedule had me wandering past the endcap where The Wednesday Sisters were hanging out, calling my name. How could I resist?

I'm not going to ruin it for you. Or even provide a synopsis.

What I will tell you is this - the woman standing in the corner with her back to you in the lobby of the Hilton, well, that was me.

I didn't want you, or anyone else, to see me sobbing and laughing at the same time. I'm pretty sure my nose was running, too. Sure, maybe I should've stopped reading and waited until I was alone. But... I couldn't put it down. Yes, it's that good.

Now why are you still online? Go buy this book. NOW.

3 comments:

TK said...

The only non truth is that you'll only say three words. All of those that know you KNOW that could never happen...btw you told me your eyes were wet from pool water.

Little Ms J said...

Have you read HER FEARFUL SYMMETRY yet? I really want to know what you think of it.

SharonKendrew said...

Ms J - not yet but just went to buy it in ebook format and it was 17.50!!! So methinks I am purchasing the hardcover for 13.50 instead...

Did you love it?