Monday, April 5, 2010

My Hair

One of the girls in my office recently got her hair cut. She went from long to short. I love the new look. I have hair envy. I've been wanting to do something different with my hair and Melissa has inspired me.

I called my friend Judi, who owns a hair salon in town. She told me to come down, she just had a cancellation. So I walk in with a photo of my soon-to-be new haircut. I'm sitting waiting for her to finish up with her client and I'm looking at this photo and suddenly I am having second thoughts. Will batman like it? Can I pull off such short hair? Is my face too round? Will this even look good on me?!? I was in need of a second opinion. So I sent batman a text. His text messaging is in shorthand so I will translate for you.

Me: Will you mind if I cut my hair short
Him: No
Translation: You are beautiful to me no matter what your hair looks like
Me: I'm talking really short
Him: Okay
Translation: You are a goddess
Me: So a crew-cut is all right with you?
Him: Can I call you buzz?
Translation: I love you

So I have batman's blessing and Judi is just finishing up. I'm ready. This is it. She washes my hair, we head on over to the chair.

"So what are we doing?"
"Just a trim"

I'm such a chicken.

3 comments:

Alix said...

Crap! I was excited to see your new cut.

I just went from long dyed hair to short silver. Swear to God! Wore wigs during the transition of the roots growing out and all, but so far {unless everyone is lying to me} the reaction is favorable.

Swing over to Casa Hice and take a look when you have time. If I can do it - YOU can do it.

PS: I think I love batman too!

SharonKendrew said...

Is this the same woman who tormented me when I wouldn't cut my hair short again???

Do I need to take you to Judi's myself and hold your hand? Come on, what's the worst that can happen???

Do it!!!

Doreen said...

Alix, I like your hairstyle it looks great!

Sharon, it is a proven fact that YOU do look great in short hair, and long hair, as a brunette and a blonde, you'd probably look fantastic bald! frankly, if I didn't already love you ...I'd really hate you :)