Friday, September 10, 2010

My Life Story

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about my life.

I think about where I came from.

I think about the instability I had growing up.

And the stability it eventually created in my life.

I think about the awesomeness that is my life now.

My children.

My husband.

My self-appointed family.

My God.

I think about the people I know.

And the ones I have known.

I think about the people I've lost.

And the ones I haven't found yet.

I think about how I'm so very lucky to have what I have.

And I have so much.

I think about how lucky I am to not have some of the things I shouldn't have.

I think about how far I have come from where I have been.

And how much further I still have to go.

I think about more things than I could ever fill this page with.



When I'm alone with my thoughts,

and the night is quiet and still,

I think about

every moment that has passed me by.

I think about

every moment that is yet to come.


But mostly,

I think about

who's going to play me in the made-for-TV movie.


3 comments:

Woman in Love said...

Reese Witherspoon (whoever she is) cuz I guess you're a deadringer for her.

But she'll need makeup to look half as good as you do - lotta makeup.

And no one can duplicate your generous soul & heart. That she'll just have to fake. :)

Anonymous said...

Shoot for the stars! I say blockbuster summer movie, none of this made for tv crap

Frannie

Joannie H said...

"I think about how lucky I am to not have some of the things I shouldn't have."

Love this!