Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Man. On a Mission.


It's not always easy being married to this guy.




Oh wait, wrong guy.





There he is, that's my husband.

Like any married couple we have our ups.

We have our downs.

Some ups are up for weeks.

Months even.

Some downs are down for well... like the internet, down is down and no matter how long it's down for it really just sucks, right?

And sometimes the ups are just a "what-ever, dear" away from the downs.

But with the grace of God and a lot of love, we always find our way back up again.

Three years ago today we were together on an island, surrounded by the Carribean Sea.

We said our "I do"s with sand between our toes as the sun set in one of the most beautiful places in the world.

We watched the sun rise from a secluded hammock on the beach. 

We sipped cocktails by candlelight.

And now TK is once again on an island surrounded by the Carribean Sea.

Only this time I'm not there.

He's traded the sand between his toes for the blisters on his hands.

Soreness in every bone in his body and showers from rainwater have replaced cocktails and candlelight.

But there's a smile on his face and more love in his heart than he had on the day we were married.

And I couldn't have imagined a more perfect way to celebrate our anniversary.

TK - I am so proud of you and the work you are doing in Haiti. I love you and look forward to being your wife for the rest of my life.
And then some.


6 comments:

Woman in Love said...

Happy Anniversary! And many more!

Lisa said...

Tears in my eyes...Happy Anniversary and have a great homecoming.

Little Ms J said...

Aw, how mushy and wonderful. Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

I am just catching up on my Reality check. I love you too SB...lots! Being away is made easier because I know I am coming home to you

Anonymous said...

I love you both and I hope that you enjoyed what was left of your day!
Reba

Sharon Kendrew said...

Happy to say TK made it home safely!

And incredible guy that he is, ordered two dozen flowers online from Haiti to celebrate our day.

Love you TK