I'll admit, it was somewhat therapeutic to get some of that off my chest.
However it was also somewhat frustrating.
So many people called, texted and emailed with a variation of the same question - "Was that about whats-her-name???"
Some, like Ziggy, knew exactly which one was intended for them (see number 8) and now when I look at her for more than 2.7 seconds I get an earful of "Mom! Stop staring at me! You are SO creeping me out!"
Some, like Doreen, went down the list and knew exactly who I was talking about.
And then there were others who knew I could never ever possibly say any of those things to them. Especially the statement they liked the least.
For those people, see number 4 below.
More Things I Wish I Could Say
- Thank you so much for opening up. It made you more you.
- I've been there, done that and survived. You will too.
- Jesus loves you. The rest of us.... well, let's just say we're not Jesus.
- Read it again. Slowly. Recognize yourself? You should.
- Stop talking. No just stop talking. Yes you are. See how your mouth moves and words come out? That's still talking. So don't.
- Swearing doesn't make you cool.
- I didn't mean to appear rude but was distracted and never had a chance to apologize for that. I'm sorry.
- It would be super awesome if you paid closer attention.
- I know how much you are hurting and wish there was something I could do to make it better.
- You make food noises when you eat. No one likes food noises.
- How about, just for kicks, you stop doing what's politically correct and just do what's right?
- You are such a sweet kid and I am so glad to know you. I'd tell you that in person but Ziggy would be mortified.
- Stop. Making. Excuses.
- Your blank stare when I ask you to do something is kind of annoying.
- I didn't become a Christian to forget my past. I became one so that I can look forward to my future.
- Making the same mistake twice is making the same mistake. Twice.
- Letting them go would be the best thing you've ever done for them.
- Lighten up, you're bringing us all down.
- Don't do it for credit or acknowledgement. Do it just because.
- I worry that sometimes I don't measure up to your standards.
Are there things you wish you could say? Post them in the comment section below.